Dexaphenyl Injectable solution
- Pharmaceutical category:
- Each ml contains 180 mg Phenylbutazone and 0.366 mg Dexamethasone.
- Phenylbutazone: It can be used as an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic. Dexamethasone: As an aid for the treatment of many diseases and inflammations including allergies, asthma, allergic dermatitis, CSF fluid pressure augmentation, malignant ulcerative colitis and nephritic syndrome. The combination of Phenylbutazone and Dexamethasone, very well tolerated by the organism, shows a true synergy of the effects of both components. This component is indicated for the treatment of tendonitis and arthritis, muscular rheumatoid, hyperemia, hyperthermia, inflammations, ketosis in cattle, emphysema, atypical pneumonia, shock and stress.
- Dexaphenyl Administration & Dosage:
- Administer by slow IV or deep IM.
- Cattle & Horses:
- Slow IV: 20 ml once a day or once every other day depending on the severity of symptoms.
- Deep IM: 20 -30 ml the first day, 20 ml the second day then 10 ml the following days for 1 – 4 days.
- Calves & Foals:
- Slow IV: 6 – 10 ml to be repeated 24 -48 hours later depending on the severity of the case.
- Deep IM: 6 -10 ml to be repeated 24 -48 hours later depending on the severity of the case.
- 1 ml/15 kg BW each day slow IV or deep IM.
- Contraindications & Warnings:
- Do not use in case of cardiac, hepatic and renal insufficiency, advanced gestation (last third) and Diabetes mellitus. IV injections should be given slowly. When using this route of administration, avoid withdrawing blood and mixing in the syringe. IM injections should be carried out deep in the muscle mass. It should be used only exceptionally in the horse as undesirable local reactions may occur. All injections should be carried out using aseptic technique. If necessary carry out a second series of injections one to two weeks later to consolidate therapeutic results. It is however not necessary to increase the prescribed dose or prolong treatment if no improvement in noted after 6 days. Regarding animals suffering from vascular fragility or coagulation defects, injections should not be repeated not be repeated. As for all corticotherapy, Dexaphenyl should be administered to animals suffering from acute or chronic infections only with concomitant and appropriate therapeutic control of the infection.
- Withdrawal time:
- Meat: 21 days
- Milk: 4 days (8 milking)
- In use stability:
- 14 days after first opening of the vial.
- Vials of 50 ml
There are no reviews yet.