ENZAPROST 50 ML
in injectable solution CEVA
Solution for injection (Sol.i.)
Composition: per ml:
Dinoprost (trometamol) 5 mg; benzyl alcohol 16.5 mg.
Dinoprost (trometamol) has luteolytic activity and causes involution of the corpus luteum in
most mammalian species and the appearance of heat and ovulation in females with
cyclic sexual activity.
The administration of Dinoprost causes abortion or childbirth in the bovine and porcine species.
In addition, it has other activities that vary according to different species such as increase
of blood pressure and bronchial constriction. Dinoprost is also a stimulant of
Interactions and incompatibilities:
• Since non-steroidal anti-inflammatories can inhibit the synthesis of
endogenous prostaglandin , the concomitant administration of these compounds with the product can decrease the
• Since oxytocics stimulate the production of prostaglandins, the
concomitant administration of these compounds with the product may exacerbate the luteolytic effects.
ENZAPROST 50 ML Indications and species of destination:
• Synchronization of estrus.
• Treatment of silent estrus in cows with a functional corpus luteum but that do not manifest the
• Induction of abortion until day 120 of gestation.
• Induction of labor.
• Coadjuvant treatment in chronic metritis and pyometra when there is a functional or
persistent corpus luteum .
• Induction of labor as of day 111 of gestation.
• Postpartum use: reduction of weaning intervals (IDC) and weaning fertile cover (IDCF) of
sows with problems in the puerperium, such as metritis in farms with reproductive problems.
ENZAPROST 50 ML Contraindications:
• Do not administer to animals with acute or subacute disorders of the vascular system, the gastrointestinal
tract or the respiratory system.
• Do not administer to pregnant animals, except when the desired effect is the induction of
labor or the interruption of gestation.
• Do not use in case of known hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any excipient.
ENZAPROST 50 ML Side Effects:
Bovine: The adverse reaction, observed with greater frequency, is the increase of the
rectal temperature . However, these rectal temperature changes have been transient in all cases
observed and have not been detrimental to the animal. On some occasions
pialism has been observed .
These reactions disappear within one hour after administration of PGF2a.
In bovine, when it is used for the induction of childbirth, retention can frequently occur
of the fetal membranes, depending on the moment of use of the product.
Porcine: Transient adverse reactions consisting of increased body temperature,
symptoms of pain at the injection site, increased respiratory rate, increased salivation,
stimulation of defecation and emission of urine, redness of the skin and restlessness
(bowing the back, the action of scratching, rubbing and biting the bars of the cage),
dyspnea, slight ataxia, spasms of the abdominal muscles, vomiting and pruritus, may
occasionally occur after the administration of Dinoprost to pregnant sows or nulliparous sows. These
reactions tend to be similar to the signs manifested by the sows before a normal delivery,
only that they appear concentrated in time. These reactions are usually observed 10
minutes after injection and disappear after three hours.
The preparation of the nest is a common behavior, from 5 to 10 minutes after the administration of the
prostaglandin, from the sows housed in pens or outdoors.
In very rare cases anaphylactic reactions have been reported.
Route of administration:
• Do not administer intravenously.
• Heat synchronization: One administration of 5 ml of Enzaprost® T per animal. Repeat, if
necessary, at 11 (10 to 12) days.
Animals treated during the right-hander usually enter the estrus phase and ovulate 2 to 4 days
The animals treated with the product can be covered by natural montage, artificial insemination at
the detection of heat or at a set time of insemination (normally 72 and 96
hours after the second injection is recommended).
• Treatment of silent estrus in cows with functional corpus luteum but that do not express
estrus behavior: One administration of 5 ml of Enzaprost® T per animal. Repeat, if
necessary, at 11 (10 to 12) days.
• Induction of abortion until day 120 of gestation: One administration of 5 ml of Enzaprost® T
Enzaprost® T can be used to interrupt gestation in cattle until day 120 thanks to its
• Induction of parturition: One administration of 5 ml of Enzaprost® T per animal from day 270 of
The interval from administration to delivery is one to eight days (mean = three days).
• Coadjuvant in the treatment of chronic metritis and pyometra in the presence of a
functional or persistent corpus luteum : One administration of 5 ml of Enzaprost® T per animal. Repeat, if
necessary, at 11 (10 to 12) days.
• Induction of parturition as of day 111 of gestation: One administration of 2 ml of Enzaprost® T
per animal within 3 days before the expected date of delivery.
The response to treatment varies from one animal to another with an interval of 24 36 h. between
administration and delivery. This can be used to control the time of delivery in sows and
nulliparous sows in the last stage of pregnancy. Treatment before 3 days before the
expected date of delivery may cause a decrease in the viability of the piglets.
• Postpartum use: One administration of 2 ml of Enzaprost® T per animal 24 to 36 hours after
ENZAPROST 50 ML Special precautions:
• Enzaprost® T is not effective when administered before 5 days after ovulation.
• Localized bacterial infections have been observed at the injection site that can
generalize. At the first symptom of infection, apply an aggressive antibiotic therapy, covering in
particular clostridia species. Inject aseptically to reduce the possibility of post-
injection bacterial infections.
• The induction of abortion or childbirth through the use of exogenous substances may increase
the risk of dystocia, fetal mortality, placental retention and / or metritis.
• Prostaglandins of the PGF2a type can be absorbed through the skin and can cause
bronchospasm or abortion.
Handle the product with care to avoid self-injection of the product or skin contact.
If it accidentally spills on the skin or accidental contact with the eyes occurs,
Wash immediately with water.
To avoid contact with the product wear impervious gloves.
• Accidental injection can be particularly dangerous in pregnant women and
asthmatics, with bronchial problems or other respiratory diseases.
• People with asthma, bronchial problems or other respiratory diseases should
handle the product with care to avoid accidental self-injection or contact with the skin.
ENZAPROST 50 ML Waiting time:
Cattle: 3 days.
Porcine: 2 days.
Milk: 0 hours.
Mode of storage:
• Does not require special storage conditions.
• Once the container is opened: store at a temperature below 25 ° C.
With veterinary prescription.
Box with 10 vials of 5 ml.
50 ml vial.