GACOSIN FLUCORT is a chemical modification of prednisolone, which possesses greater anti-inflammatory and gluconeogenic properties than the parent compound when compared on an equivalent basis.
Due to the potency of GACOSIN FLUCORT , dosage recommendations should be consulted prior to drug administration. The structural formula is as follows: Active ingredient:
GACOSIN FLUCORT Chemical Properties,Uses,Productio Description
It is a moderately potent difluorinated corticosteroid ester with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and vasoconstrictive properties. Its mechanism of action is thought to inhibit arachidonic acids role in the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Flumethasone is active when it is not bound to the plasma protein transcortin. The drug flumethasone can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, such as contact dermatitis, bug bites and eczema.
- GACOSIN is an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid used in veterinary practice and used as an anti-inflammatory for a variety of animals. It is commonly investigated for its effectiveness in animals to combat inflammatory symptoms caused by pathogens and to better understand inflammatory mechanisms. It is also used as to investigate novel techniques that detect and quantify steroid compounds within muscles.
- For the treatment of contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, exczema, psoriasis, diaper rash and other skin conditions.
- GACOSIN FLUCORT is a corticosteroid for topical use, in combination with Clioquinol for the treatment of otitis externa and otomycosis. Flumethasone shows fully 420 times the potency of cortisone in an animal model for anti-inflammatory activity.
- Flumethasone has been shown to exert anti-inflammtory effects by functioning as a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. Stimulating this receptor promotes inhibition of phospholipase A2 activity. This enzyme catalyzes arachidonic acid into eicosanoids most of which stimulate anti-inflammation mechanisms.
Application of GACOSIN
- GACOSIN FLUCORT is a topical corticosteroid of the glucocorticoid class used in the treatment of skin disorders where it reduces inflammation.
- GACOSIN FLUCORT is insoluble in water.
- GACOSIN FLUCORT pivalate is a topical difluorinated corticosteroid ester with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and vasoconstrictive properties. A prompt decrease in inflammation, exudation and itching is experienced after application.
- It is commonly used in veterinary practice and has been used in cortisol assays to study early porcine conceptus development.https://kihorsemed.com/
There are no reviews yet.