(Lonsurf 20mg is registered trademarks Taiho Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.)
General Warning:Pregnant women must avoid taking the combination of tipiracil and trifluridine, and women should not become pregnant while taking it.
Generic Name: Trifluridine/tipiracil
Strength: 15 mg trifluridine/6.14 mg tipiracil and 20 mg trifluridine/8.19 mg tipiracil
Company: Taiho Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Packing: 60 tablets in one bottle
Lonsurf – Trifluridine / Tipiracil is supplied for Tenders, Emergency imports, Orphan drug, Reference listed drugs, Comparator Drug, Name patient medicine, Bio-Similar and Innovator samples etc.
What is colorectal cancer?
Colorectal cancer also can be addressed as bowel cancer, colon cancer, or rectal cancer. It is the development of the cancer from the colon or rectum.
How does colorectal cancer start and spread?
Colorectal cancer is the cancer of abnormal growth of cells that have the potential in order to invade or spread to other parts of the body.
It typically begins as a benign tumor, often in the form of a polyp, which over time becomes cancerous.
What is Lonsurf 20mg:
LONSURF is a medicine that contains the active substance Trifluridine/tipiracil and is available as tablets.
Lonsurf (tipiracil and trifluridine) uses: It is used as a third- or fourth-line treatment option for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer, after chemotherapy and biologic therapy.
How does lonsurf work?
Lonsurf is a combination of two active pharmaceutical ingredients: trifluridine, a nucleoside analog, and tipiracil, a thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor. Tipiracil helps in order to prevent the rapid metabolism of the trifluridine, increasing the bioavailability of the trifluridine.
How long can you take Lonsurf?
Lonsurf FDA label tablets should be swallowed whole. It should be taken twice a day after morning and evening meals (immediately after or up to 1 hour after). The type of food does not matter. You may have side effects when taking this drug. In case of occurrence of any side effects, please discuss with your healthcare provider, especially if you have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea that is severe or that does not go away.
Lonsurf side effects: The most common side effects with lonsurf include tiredness, decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, and fever.
Inform your healthcare provider if you have nausea, diarrhea or vomiting that is severe or that does not go away.
Lonsurf cost: This drug is available at the promising price at every legitimate pharmaceutical company.
Dosage: The recommended dose of this drug is 35 mg/m2 up to a maximum of 80 mg per dose, should be taken orally twice daily within 1 hour of the completion of the morning and evening meals on Days 1 through 5 and Days 8 through 12 of each one month cycle.
● Complete blood cell counts should be monitored before and on Day 15 of each cycle.
● For potential genotoxicity, males patients should be advised with female partners of reproductive potential in order to use condoms while on treatment with this drug and for at least 90 days after the last dose.
● Do not initiate this drug in patients with baseline moderate or severe hepatic impairment.
● Patients should be advised that anyone else who handles their drugs must wear gloves.
● Women should be advised not to breastfeed while on the treatment with this medication and for one day following the final dose.
Lonsurf 20mg Interactions:
Trifluridine is mainly a substrate of the thymidine phosphorylase, and is not metabolized by cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme. Tipiracil is basically not metabolized in either human liver or hepatocytes.
Overdose: The highest trifluridine and tipiracil hydrochloride dose administered in clinical studies was 180 mg/m2 per day. Antidote for lonsurf overdosage doesn’t exist.
Missed Dose: Lonsurf is a cytotoxic drug. Do not consume additional doses in order to make up for the missed or held doses.
● Get plenty of rest.
● Wash your hands often.
● Maintain good nutrition.
● Sports activities should be avoided that may cause injury.
● Drink at least a couple of to three quarts of fluid every day, unless you are advised otherwise.
● In order to reduce nausea, consume anti-nausea drugs as prescribed by your healthcare provider, and eat small, frequent meals.
● Remain active as you are able. Moderate exercise is effective such as the daily walk.