Rimadyl 50 mg/ml solution for injection for cattle 50 ml
The product is indicated as an adjunct to antimicrobial therapy to reduce clinical signs in acute infectious respiratory disease and acute mastitis in cattle
Rimadyl, Rimadyl , for dogs, acute, chronic, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, pain relief, swelling.
Order of application, indications, dose, possible side effects, contraindications Rimadyl :
- Rimadyl tablets with the taste of the liver are prescribed for inflammatory and painful phenomena arising from acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- Rimadyl tablets are used for analgesia and as an anti-inflammatory agent to reduce postoperative pain and swelling.
- Rimadyl tablets are administered orally in the initial period of treatment at a daily dose of 4 mg of carprofen per kg of body weight. It is recommended to divide the daily dose into two equal parts. After 7 days of treatment, depending on the clinical indications, the daily dose can be reduced to 2 mg / kg body weight.
- In diseases of the musculoskeletal system, the duration of treatment depends on the condition of the animal and under the supervision of a veterinarian can continue throughout the life of the animal.
- Do not exceed the set dose.
- As with the use of other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs after the use of Rimadil P in individual animals, in rare cases, irritation of the stomach and vomiting may occur.
- It is forbidden to use Rimadyl schennyh bitches.
- Do not prescribe other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or nephrotoxic drugs earlier than 24 hours after administration of Rimadyl R. Rimadil P, like other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, should be administered with caution to animals with heart, kidney and liver diseases.
Composition of Rimadyl:
- Rimadyl P is a nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drug in the form of tablets for oral use, containing as the active agent carprofen – 20 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg per tablet, and as auxiliary substances spray powder of porcine liver, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, corn starch , confectionery sugar, glucose syrup, gelatin type A, magnesium stearate, and lactose monohydrate.
Dosage Form of Rimadyl:
- In appearance, Rimadil P with the taste of the liver represents tablets of a light brown color with a letter “R” embossed on one side of the tablet and a separation groove on the other side.
Packaging, storage conditions, shelf life Rimadyl:
- Rimadil P tablets with a taste of the liver of 20, 30, 50, 60, 100 or 180 tablets are packaged in square-shaped vials of white high-density polyethylene with a polypropylene lid inaccessible for children to open.
- Each bottle in Russian is labeled with the name of the medicinal product, the name of the manufacturer and its address, the name and content of the active substance, purpose, storage conditions, batch number, date of manufacture and shelf life, the inscription “For animals”.
- Store with precaution (list B), in a dry, dark and out of reach of children at a temperature of from 0 to 25 piles of C.
- The shelf life of 3 years from the date of manufacture, subject to storage in original packaging.
- Do not use Rimadyl P after the expiration date.
Pharmacological properties Rimadyl:
- Carprofen, the active ingredient Rimadila P, belongs to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects.
- Carprofen, like other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, inhibits cycloxygenase in the arachidonic acid cycle. In this case, the drug mainly affects cycloxygenase-II, which is induced in response to the development of inflammation.As a result, the synthesis of inflammatory prostaglandins, causing inflammation, swelling and pain, is blocked.
- At therapeutic doses, carprofen has a much weaker effect on cycloxygenase-I, and as a result, it has no effect on the synthesis of protective prostaglandins. Thus, carprofen does not interfere with normal physiological processes in tissues, especially in the stomach, intestines, kidneys and platelets.
- Carprofen is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, reaches a peak plasma concentration 1–3 hours after administration, with a bioavailability of more than 90%.
- The half-life in dogs is about 8 hours.
- Carprofen is more than 99% bound to plasma proteins. The drug is metabolized in the liver, excreted mainly in the feces (about 80%), and in the urine.
Personal preventive measures Rimadyl:
- When working with Rimadil P, you should follow the general rules of personal hygiene and safety precautions provided for when working with drugs.
- As with any other drugs, after work you should thoroughly wash your hands with warm water and soap
There are no reviews yet.